Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FALL BACK, SPRING FORWARD

Norwood boat launch looks lonely with the docks gone and cold weather blowing in but it's still a grand place to contemplate your navel!


By golly folks we couldn’t have asked for a nicer Election Day – currently the temp is 60 degrees and its absolutely beautiful outside. I dressed way too warm for my walk and man, did I pay the price – over heated and sweating like I was in some damn sauna. Oh well, sweating is good too I suppose – imagine if you didn’t sweat – yuck!

Yes I did vote so thar – see even I follow my own advice (sometimes). Let me give kudos to the Norwood American Legion polling place, actually to the workers who are fantastic, friendly and helpful. Nothing like a bright smile and warm greeting as you contemplate how you wish to vote. Hey, come on, some know and walk in totally prepared, others are still undecided and now the decision is here, make it and move on, right?

And we’ll spend the rest of day and night, getting updates and eventually we’ll know the final outcome. I’m not sure where I stand on the Electoral College business, I mean I do understand why our forefathers felt this was necessary but damnit, how can you win the popular vote and lose the election? Then again, didn’t many of us experience the “popular” person getting voted class president, queen of the ball, or some such crap and we didn’t like that idea very much, now did we?

So tell me how are you all adjusting to the recent time change? Oh sure you got an extra hour’s sleep but remember in the Spring, you’ll give back that hour – ain’t that the pits! As for me, I am an early riser and although my internal clock says 6am, the actual clock reads 5 and I’m like, “are you kidding me?” So I toss and flip and eventually give up and get up – it’s dark, it’s only 5 am and yet, I want to go on my morning walk. So I decided this would be a good time to do my yoga exercises. Stretch those muscles before I walk – well, lemma tell ya, the more yoga I try the easier it becomes. Oh come on, I am not wrapping a leg behind my head or anything like that – hell, I can’t even do those silly lunge moves but I am stretching and bending deeper (lower) than before so that is good (remember I gotta get snow shoes on so bending is a good thing).

Now why do we change the clocks? I mean is there a simple answer to this question or some long-winded speech? I’ll go for the simple answer – Just as sunflowers turn their heads to catch every sunbeam, so too have we discovered a simple way to get more from our sun! That simple way is to mess with our clocks – now, don’t you feel smart knowing this is the reason? Your welcome – it’s always nice to learn, right?

Be careful reading the fine print. There’s no way you’re going to like it!

No comments: