Saturday, November 29, 2008

NOW IT REALLY BEGINS

Yes, I admit it, I did shop on Black Friday but I was NOT up and at any store at 5, 6, 7 or even 8 a.m. Mine was more like noon and as I had until 2 to get the bargains, that was plenty of time!

Around 7:15 I was at Curves doing my morning workout, as the Mn Gang gave me a three month membership as a Christmas gift, I definitely intend to use it. Beside after Turkey Day I needed to work out and rid myself of as much of the fat that I put in my gut that day. Actually I didn’t do too badly, in the weight department – gained a pound but I think I worked most of that off as the day progressed.

Then around noon I collect my dau and we headed to Massena. I have not seen the Mall that busy in months – man, folks were definitely taking advantage of the black Friday sales. Hey, I even managed to save about $40 on a certain item, so I ain’t complaining. But I really (1) do not like to shop and (2) crowds drive me nuts! As the “gift-giving” season moves along, folks get better. I mean, they are polite, courteous and smile a lot but not on Black Friday. Man, many are on a damn mission and they have blinders on – full steam ahead – yuck!

One thing about Black Friday that is fun is you get to see folks you haven’t seen in months. It’s almost a test – can you remember these folks and that includes their names. Oh come on, you know damn well you have stood there talking, laughing and swapping stories and you can’t remember their name for hell or high water. What is even funnier is they don’t remember your name either, but that doesn’t stop the chit-chat!

Well, it’s a little after 7 and I want to get my walk in, so I am outta here. Yes, its chilly, temp reads 30 degrees but I shall bundle up and walk fast (at least for awhile) and I’ll warm up in quick order. As I see the wind is blowing a good clip, I think I’ll grab a scarf for my face too.

So, enjoy Saturday and who knows, I might add more later….oh ya, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving? I did and wish to thank my daughter and husband for a wonderful meal and fond memories.

Oh the subject -- "now it really begins?" The Christmas shopping, stores stay open longer and things disappearing off shelves faster than seems possible. The push to get the Christmas presents begins NOW. Ye gads, hold on to your ass, it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

P.S: Just did my walk and had my first "wipe out!" I did not realize the roads and sidewalks were slick -- thin layer of ice, covered with a thin layer of snow -- sheet, no wonder it's slick. Anyway, I did my wipe out -- didn't get hurt but sure as hell felt the knees hit the pavement. Guess I need to put on those grabber thingys if I plan to walk in this stuff. Hey, when more snow gets here, it'll be snowshoeing that is really fun and a great workout. So, be careful out there - -it is slick -- doesn't look it, but man, black ice is thar believe me!



No comments: