Saturday, November 8, 2008

RAINY SATURDAY

Got up and thought I’d get my walk in before the wet stuff hit but that was wrong thinking. So, it was exercise inside and a longer Yoga workout – holy sheet! Oh well, keep those muscles stretching and moving before you discover you can’t move! [hate it when that happens, not moving - holy Martha!]

Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday and yes, it was indeed a very good day! Got wheels under me arse again, so that is good – in other words, my car is out of the garaged and fixed! Even better, hubby filled up the gas tank too – damn, it had to be my birthday, right? [wait read on, it gets better]

I see via television that the upper mid-west got hit with a blizzard and dealing with some major snow fall – oh how dreary. Give me a break, we’ll deal with that in due course too – it’s not like it’s summer folks, this stuff is gonna hit and while you sit there and moan, you want a white Christmas but – hello – that involves snow, remember?

So how many of you are doing the “lay-a-way” number? Man I think this was a greatest little service stores every offered. It gave you somewhere to hide the presents and you paid a little each month vs shelling out for the whole thing in one setting (which was a heart attack waiting to happen). I use to get nervous when it got closer to pick up time and think some clown has lost my order and now I’m screwed big time! Or some popular item that I put on lay-a -way months ago was removed because someone else realized they didn’t grab one and hell, I’d never know. Ya tell me crap like this never happens, go ahead convince me!

Well poop and double poop. Got my car back and left the damn overhead lights on all flippin night, now I got a dead battery – holy sheet! They should come with an automatic off switch – I mean, who intentionally leave them on all night? Damn. So now it’s call my wonderful son-in-law and have him bring the battery charger and charge the damn battery –what a pain in the arse. Oh well, I wasn’t planning on going anywhere – would have been really ticked if I had plans tho. Life is so interesting – ya just wonder what in hell can happen next or better yet, don’t wonder and just smile because life is gonna happen regardless!

I wonder if there are any decent shows on today. Sunday is never a problem, got football – hurrah, but Saturday? I’m not real big into college football – not my speed at all. Ya could check out the tennis channel and see what’s happening there – well, I’m sure I’ll find something and of course, if all else fails; I do have plenty of books to read.

Some folks, and I love this concept are actually turning television sets off and discovering the wonderful art of actually talking to and with each other. They are doing this slowly tho – like only two days a week can TV be on, the other days, talk, read, play games, clean, workout, or find something worthwhile to do. It’s amazing that folks have discovered that talking with each other is both interesting and informative! Ya, I’m thinking about turning off the TV set a couple days a week too – what the hell, I can talk to hubby and/or read books – either one is a good thing.

So, you all have a lovely weekend – wet it may be but we’re still breathing so life is good!

Oh about those flu shots – my sister always said: “A shot in the glass is better than one in the ass!” Sis likes her shots and I like Sis!

No comments: