Monday, April 13, 2009

Downy Woodpecker

Look what showed up at my bird feeder, aka suet, on Easter morning?






This downy woodpecker was hungry and was having himself a lovely feast.

It was hard to wait to get the red on his head but patience is its own reward.




Also, yellow finches are showing up now but so far I haven't captured them on film... okay, one more woodpecker photo ---


It is amazing how much they like suet -- hell, I'm amazed at all the critters that find this the meal of the week, and that includes the bloody squirrels!

Well, folks, I have about an hour and then, I'm off, first to Syracuse and a few errands there and a quiet night with my sister -- we have a lovely weekend and laughed so much it was unreal. If you really want to have fun, get yourself the Mad Gab game and play it -- you will having achy sides for sure. Plus the good all weekend was just wonderful too. Oh hell, yes so was the beer -- when is beer not good? (Ya, I can think of a few cans that didn't agree with me). Anyway, a quiet evening will be nice and then, early tomorrow we shall don on wings and flap our way to Florida.



I know, I know, you all want to come with me but hey, find your own wings! Maybe I can bring back the warmer temps? Hey, at least the weather forecast for this week shows sunshine...not exactly shorts weather but hey, little steps, first let's get acclimated to sun, then we can work on higher, warmer temps, right?





Now this critter can damn well stay on that side of the fence, I don't want him in my yard, thank you very much.




Be good, and keep smiling...see ya on the flip side!!!

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Have FUN in the SUN!! :0)

Please DO bring back the warm weather!! :0)


Take LOTS of PICS!! :0)

Jessica C said...

Get off the computer and go to Curves!