Saturday, April 4, 2009

WET STILL


Yes, of course it is April and that means “showers!” I get it don’t really understand it but I get it. What I don’t get is this idea that we need rain because our water levels are low!

When we get tons of snow and its stack as high as a small mountain, we still hear we need more rain because the water levels are low. Then we get less snow, blocks of ice and when all this melts again we hear we need rain because our water levels are low. What the hell does it take to make them high? And how high is high?

In the meantime, I am watching my flowers pushing through the ground and amazed that so far my tulips are making great progress and no critter has feasted on them. In the front I got tulips and other “things” pushing up but no idea what in hell they are because I failed to write down what I planted. Hell, even when they bloom I’m not sure I will be able to identify them…I’m such a flower Gardner!

So while all that is happening, I’m still messing with bird feeders and trying to attract cardinals. I even bought them their own feeder, one squirrels can’t use and it was anything but cheap. Ya, lots of luck but hey, never know, it might work. I just like seeing different birds show up for a meal. Not particularly happy with the damn squirrel that likes suet though – he really pigs out and I mean pigs out!

One day when it was nice, way too nice to stay inside, I did do a little lawn clean up. Meaning, I picked up branches, twigs and even cut some branches back because they would hit me on the head while mowing later on. I began raking in the front but that didn’t last very long, that is hard work and I have a big yard. Ya, I really should get more serious about this but so far that hasn’t happened. I think a rake behind the mower would be easier and not cause me back pain, whatcha think?

Oh well, just another week, then Easter and then, off to Florida – man, I am ready for the warm weather and this time of year is perfect for me. If I went in say July or August, I would suffer from their heat index…that’s way to hot for this puppy. But April is perfect and the water will be wonderful too. Now that big sister has informed us that while on the canoe trip we will NOT be in the water due to alligators, I’m really excited! Then her suggestion we go deep sea fishing; “hello, you do know how old we are, right? You honestly think us three ole ladies could haul in a Marlin!” On a less physical side, we plan to do the gambling cruise, snorkel and just plunk our fat asses on the beach and soak up the sunshine (that’s with tons of sunscreen on mind ya).

Well, you all have a lovely day, stay as dry as possible, do whatever ya gotta do, get a nap and if nothing else –keep smiling.


Pretty, huh?

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

We're deep into mud season here! At least the scrub-brush has that lovely red-ish hue to it! (That means Spring & leaves are coming!!) :0)

I just got back from a wake for an elderly church member...Nothing like it to re-center yourself & really *get* what is truly important in life!

Any day I wake up breathing is a GOOD DAY!! Even a dreary, wet one like this! :0)

Pat said...

Flippin wet weather is the bloody pits! I like spring but this is not spring, this is flood-crap or something.

Try to keep happy, dry and warm. Warm weather is surely in our future...if not, we shall seek it out!!!