Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weather was Here

Can you believe it – tornado watch in upstate New York? Not sure we actually got one but the high winds and downpour certainly caused sufficient damage. That poor family in Parishville, having a tree fall and splitting there home in half – ye gads! Plus for awhile parents worried sick as kids were literally in a lockdown at school due to down power lines and buses could not run!

I just know that yesterday morning when I was taking my usual morning walk and I admit I got a later start than usual, it was brutally warm and I wasn’t sure I would make this walk – I was half way around my route and the sweat was literally running out of me like a bloody river! When I got home I was sucking down water like you would not believe. Plus it took me considerable time to cool down so I could get a shower. Something about being over heated and getting into a warm shower that just doesn’t seem smart!

Ever mow your yard and considered it a job well done then you look at it and see all the spots you missed? Do you go back out there and get those spots or do you just leave'em?
Me? Oh hell, leave’em – I managed to weed whack some areas but that’s about as far as I’m taking this lawn mowing nonsense. So I missed a few patches, big deal, twenty slaps with a wet noodle!

Damn, now we gotta be careful of what tomatoes we eat – this is getting sick. I love tomatoes – dislike catsup but love tomatoes.[ya, ya, I know its made from tomatoes]
And if I read all the stuff correctly, as long as I buy those still attached to the vine, I am okay. That is if I can find such babies. Stores are pulling tomatoes left and right except for “grape” tomatoes. What in hell are grape tomatoes? Ya, look it up and become informed – lovely!

Well a salad without tomatoes is bad news, guess I'll use strawberries -- they are about the same color and hey, if you haven't had them in a salad, try it, you'll be amazed.

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.

No comments: