Saturday, June 7, 2008

Windy but Sunshine

I began this blog with the normal weather update and decided you all knew this anyway or could flip on the TV or radio and hear it yourself, so why bother. At the moment it’s sunny, windy and dry but more rain is expected before the day ends and oh my gosh, do we need rain! Got damn lakes in my yard but want more –looking for a river folks, a bloody damn river!

Then I started grabbing headlines, such as nude man stuck in port-a-potty uses cell phone to call 911 (where in hell did he have this phone if he was nude?). Then moving on Ed McMahon faces foreclosure on his house – like I give a rip—his house is probably some 3.6 million dollar home in the first place. Come on, he’s in his 80’s live somewhere cheaper! The list of goodies goes on and on, eating bugs is healthier than some of our regular food – can’t wait to see how many buy into this eating habit.

I nearly depressed myself with all this crap and said; “self, this is stupid, find something else to write about!” I’m looking but nothing is popping into my head – damn, it must be Saturday!

Okay, if you can afford it (gas wise at least) head over to Canton today and help celebrate the Dairy Festival – an annual celebration and a way to support our local farmers. This is a wonderful event, it took many hours of planning, lots of volunteer and staff time to put together and you will have a good time and yes, you’ll find plenty to do and good eats too!

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

No comments: