Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CRAZY CONTINUES

Sometimes it just amazes me what we folks are subjected to as far as news worthy items. Let me attempt a few examples, just for the pure hell of it hey, what else you got to do but read this blog? Ya I thought so – avoid all chores as long as possible, life is good!

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama says you won't catch him lighting up a cigarette in the smoke-free White House. Here’s the question, “where” will we see him lighting up – outside? Have they built him a smoking shed? Hey, he’s a law-biding citizen did any of us think he’d smoke in the White House! And aren't we now able to sleep knowing he won't light up in the White House! Hey, leave the man alone, he will quit when he wants, not one minute before - amen!

Does life suck? Go from crappy to happy
Consultant and life coach Michelle DeAngelis writes that finding joy is all about knowing your options and making good decisions. In her new book, "Get a Life That Doesn't Suck," she shares tips on taking control of your choices. [don't ask me why this underlined, I can't make that go away -- damn computer -- needs an attitude adjustment big time]. Ya I'm gonna rush out to get this book or wait I got a better idea, I'll write my own book and call it,"Hurry Up and Shit," now that sounds like a fun writing, whatcha think?


SEKIU, Wash. - A woman said she was shot in the leg by her stove. Cory Davis told the Peninsula Daily News she had just stoked her cast-iron heating stove Sunday when she heard a loud bang and was struck in her left calf. Davis said a case of shotgun shells spilled about a month ago at her home and one must have landed in the newspapers she used to light the stove. She removed a metal fragment herself and was treated Monday at Forks Community Hospital.

Doesn't this just bring a smile to your face? Obviously she has a gun and shells, and she's one tough lady who can pull metal fragments out of her leg and I'm assuming driving herself to the ER. Now Helen Reddy had her in mind when she sang; "I
Am Woman, Hear Me Roar!"

Okay its 6 degrees outside, snowing like a banshee and I’ve got laundry to do- ya, it can wait a bit longer! I still gotta do my morning exercises,[inside today and not for the reasons you think] It’s not just a case of it being cold and most likely slippery but more a case of drivers who tend to aim directly for pedestrians when they begin to slip and slide. Do they think we can stop them? At the same time, I for one get highly irked when runners, joggers or walkers who use and assume the road is strictly for them and cars, trucks, etc can just damn well go around them. Hey, we got enough to worry about without you nutcases, get on the damn sidewalk!

Well, I can't avoid it much longer, I gotta get some Christmas cards written and in the mail. I don't do many these days, email works very nicely and its cheaper. But a few folks don't have computers and don't do email, so they need a card. Hey someone has to make it possible for them to hang cards off door frames, right? Oh no, I don't think so -- a Christmas Update Note in each card too -- not in this lifetime.

If things go as planned, I may be able to get the "dough" ready for the cookie baking number my dau and I shall do real soon....lovely. That too is always a fun event and we look like "flour" children when done too.

Life is good – just enjoy it!

No comments: