Monday, December 15, 2008

Say what?

This is insane or perhaps all of us have gone bonkers but the temp today is – ready for this – 51 degrees. Oh no, here we go again, up and down temps that drive the birds nuts.

Oh come on, you remember – we’d have a few cold days, then wham a heat wave would roll in and even the trees started to bud and some flowers actually tried to pop up and then, back to cold weather and man, we did have some cold weather last year.

So we go from 4 below zero last week to 51 today – this is just ducky. Stuff is melting the wind is blowing like a banshee but it’s not all that chilly outside. However, don’t get to excited, it’s suppose to go into the 20s tonight and for the rest of the week we are in for snow, rain, and a mix of both….yuck!

Got up and head to Potsdam to do my Curves workout and man, did I feel like I needed to go today – after baking cookies all weekend and you know that means “tasting” cookies, right? Well, sheet, got there and the place is closed – what the hell? No sign, no indication of life and I said, screw it and came home. My workout then turned into moving stuff about in the kitchen so I could really scrub that floor – something about cooking making that gets a floor dirty – must be that damn flour!

While on this kick I scrubbed the front (guest) bathroom too. What the hell Monday is quickly becoming a cleaning day – holy Martha! Of course the washing machine is going full blast – and will most of the week as we prepare to depart for Minnesota. It never fails, regardless of what I wash, hubby always has something he wants to take and another load must be done!

Tell ya what, once things are dried and I get a shower, I think this would be a good day to finish up my holiday shopping. I am left with stock stuffers and then, some goodies for the trip – knock out pills seem like a good item. So you all have a lovely Monday and who knows I may be back with more bull before this day ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog

War Of The Fire ©

Pat said...

Necla, thanks for stopping by, please visit often, sometimes this blog gets busy and if nothing else, hopefully brings a smile to your face.

have a lovely day