Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SNOW BIRDS

Isn’t this the term we “apply” to those Northern boys and girls who head south for the winter? Whoa, we can’t use those words—be nice!

Yes, many have gone south aka Florida mostly and it’s so cute to hear from them. No shoveling snow, worrying about road conditions or driving 2 days to see the kids. I bet they laugh like hell when they write that too!

I was gonna go for a walk, I mean it’s 22 degrees and a brisk walk sounded nice but guess what, all that melting snow and drop in temp has created some lovely ice patches on sidewalks and roadways. I’m sorry but I don’t care to wipe out again – I was lucky a few weeks ago, didn’t break anything but my silly pride but I’m not gonna test my luck. So I did the next best thing YOGA.

Hey, what did you think of the shoe tossing reporter? What gets me is he was a lousy thrower, hell he was close he should of made contact. But even more amazing is where in hell was the secret service – the man threw TWO shoes! That’s great protection! Holy sheet!

Then we switch to more local news and discover Caroline Kennedy is interested in Hillary’s soon to be vacant senate seat! And the former “Nanny” was also interested but most likely she doesn’t stand a chance. Anyone else want to take on the Kennedy Camelot concept? Let’s say Caroline gets the seat, do we need to send her directions so she can find upstate New York and that means, besides the state Capital?

For the birds: a dropping-filled face mask

At Santa Fe’s Ten Thousand Waves spa, the Nightingale Cleansing Mask includes a powder composed of “sanitized droppings” from the tiny wonder-birds. The high nitrogen content draws out bacteria from the skin and breaks down dead skin cells more gently than acid peels. Used for centuries by geisha in Japan, the facial is “an all-natural way to brighten and smooth the skin.” Is your old-fashioned poop-free exfoliator suddenly looking better than usual? We thought so.

Hey this poop-spa treatment is for 55 minutes and cost you – ready for this - $115. My brother has 3 chickens and I bet we could use chicken poop and a lot cheaper than this, shall I place your order now?

And that my friends, is all the “bird” news for today – have a grand Tuesday and if nothing else, get out and suck in that cold air, will do the body good! Oh, dress for the weather tho – naked airing is discouraged big time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could afford to be a Snowbird! :0) I'd leave this cold behind in a heart-beat! :0)

But, I'd have to come back for Thanksgiving, Christmas, probably New years, too!!

Too much traveling for me! I'll just stay put! :0)

Pat said...

See Moonbeam, you can't leave the north country even for snow. That makes you one of us --whatever in hell that means!!!