Tuesday, December 2, 2008

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?


Holy sheet – have you ever started one simple project and before you realized it, time has been sucked away from you and you got ten damn projects underway at the same time? Sweet Mama, how the hell does that happen!

All I intended to do was move a few things to accommodate a simple fiber optic Christmas tree, holy sheet, this meant dusting, vacuuming and rearranging more damn furniture that I ever thought possible. What in hell happen to just putting up a tree? Damn!

But wait it gets better – it wasn’t just one room, hell no, I had to mess with three rooms and have all three in various stages of mess – dusting has to be the worse damn job on earth – it never ends! Then, you discover if you switch this item with one in another room, you get a nicer looking room but the whole friggin room is in disarray as you contemplate how all this stuff will fit together. Look it’s not even noon and I still don’t have the damn tree up and I haven’t had my shower and yes, the towels are in the dryer and at least one room is back in order. And now I am hungry – damnit, this is crazy.

Okay, here’s the new plan, at noon I’m stopping, I don’t care what is done and I’ll eat and stop and sit down and have a beer. After that I shall consider doing what I set out to do – put up the damn tree! If you drive buy and see no tree in my front window, you can smile and just say; “good on ya Mate, tomorrow the tree will be up!”

No comments: