Sunday, December 7, 2008

NUT- BUSTER – CRACKER

Bridge to Canada -- Kelly hates driving on this bridge - she can be such a wimp at times!


It seems my blogs have gotten quite lengthy of late, so my challenge now is to keep them shorter (like me I guess). So here goes my first attempt – ye gads!

I think it is safe to admit neither my dau nor I are ballet fans or we didn’t really remember what the Nutcracker was about because in a word it was BORING! Then again, and keep in mind this is my opinion, Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet company is good but not as good at the group that performs in Syracuse! Okay, perhaps we just didn’t follow (understand) the story line but after the first hour, it was a no brainer – we are done, outta here, finished, let’s haul ass!



However we found an excellent restaurant – Casa Mia (of course Italian what in hell did you think, Greek?). You definitely need reservations and it’s not very big but it is cozy, friendly and most welcoming and the food, OMG it’s just wonderful - hey, we pigged out and had no room for dessert and we are dessert eaters! (No I am not that lumpy but I do look like another arm is growing out my shoulder blade -- lovely photo! What the hell, a freak of nature?)




Okay the best part of the entire adventure was spending time together – oh did we have some laughs and of course captured stuff on film too. Hopefully you are enjoying the photos scattered in this blog? Special thanks to my daughter for a most lively evening (see, if you had stuck with ballet lessons, you might have been on stage too).

I can't believe I am posting this photo! Taken while we sat in our nose bleed seats (high balcony, any higher and we'd of been on the roof!). This was vertigo at its best -- testing, testing, are you feeling lightheaded, dizzy or okay?

One last thought Kel, does this constitute our "bonding" moment for this past week? Ya, I thought so too -- love ya!


Just some downtown Ottawa lights -- they are fantastic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!! Even if the Ballet wasn't up to par! LOL!! :0)

Yeah, I'm back from Washington, DC!! We had a GREAT TIME! :0)

Potsdam Kelly said...

What the pictures of the holiday lights didnt make it to the blog. So much fun ... just laughing and laughing and laughing. We will do again sometime hopefully with more success at NAC. Thanks for going Mama.