Monday, February 23, 2009

IT’S OVER (now reruns)


I admit in my opinion TV has sucked big time lately and although we keep hearing and seeing previews of upcoming shows (some of which look pretty decent) they have yet to appear. So we are stuck with the ole shows – which we have seen so many times, we actually begin to think we wrote the script and dialog.

Last night we endured the Academy Awards – first we had something like two-freakin-hours of the Red Carpet nonsense. Do we really give a rip about who is wearing who? Hell, we can’t afford one of the shoes these actors wear much less the whole ensemble – and again, this is my opinion, some of those dresses just looked ugly. I for one would hate to walk around in those damn things and even many a woman admitted the hardest part was walking in this dress. Then why in hell do you wear it? Have they never heard of comfort – they got hours invested in this damn event and they wear something that is uncomfortable – hello, brain farts, take a beano pill!

I didn’t watch the entire show – I just could not force myself to sit through it all, I had a book calling to me and the book won! I did see the opening and enjoyed that very much. I think this was more entertaining than the usual comedic nonsense we are so use to watching. I can readily understand why Huge Jackman was voted Sexiest Man Alive – he is HOT!

Now like everyone else, I begin the week and see (rather hear) we got more miserable weather to look forward too. Did I say miserable? Sorry, I meant to say “lovely,” I mean, come on Mama Nature is all ready ticked; don’t need to add insult to injury. More snow, temps will drop and so on and hey, repeat, repeat and furthermore, repeat! However, this is the last week of February and then, we’ll see how March behaves. Is this the roar like a Lion month? I know it’s gonna see the Ides of March but surely we got something else:

  • Daylight Savings Time Begins March 8th, did you know that according to stats, more folks have heart attacks during this clock number – something about losing that one hour makes the ole heart just flutter or something. So, go to bed earlier!
  • St. Patrick’s Day on March 17th – now all you Irish gals and guys, get the green beer and toast the Irish till the heather and bracken fall down some peat hole.
  • First Day Of Spring on March 20th – now that’s gotta give ya a bit of smile – whether it’ll be a spring day or continuation of winter, only time shall show us – whatever, it will be the first of Spring.

So in all fairness, March isn’t such a bad month to look forward too, eh? Well, you have a nice day – if possible get outside, I know it’s cold but damnit, fresh air is good for you!

Now for your tip of the day -- ready? Oh hell, live with it, a girl's gotta have a hobby...exercise that brain, you sure as hell comment on other exercise ideas -- this you can do without too much strain.

Dream more while you are awake.

Sorry, thought I was done with today's blog but was having this out of body experience -- I mean, I was vacuuming, dusting, mopping and suddenly I walked by a mirror and said, "who the hell is this woman?" I don't mind this experience but how about when I am done, I end up with a completely different body -- one that is slim, tall, everything firm and ship shape -- holy sheet -- its a freakin nightmare not an out of body experience --go figure!!!

No comments: