Tuesday, May 5, 2009

DC Vist


You want a flower hedge, how about this one? Man this was awesome. My niece definitely has a hit on her hands or in front of her rental.

Before I get into my travel, let me say this; there is an ole saying that we'll have a Black man as President when pigs fly? Well, one-hundred days into this presidency and we got swine flu!


Okay, all nonsense aside, I do think that travel restrictions are necessary these days and avoiding crowds is a good thing. Having said that, I did indeed head to Maryland and to the nation's capital this past weekend. It was one wet weekend and not that many fools were attempting to tour the DC area, which was a good thing, right?


Traffic in real ciTAYS is always unreal and in DC its just amazing. Thankfully my niece drove and she knows her way around this area, so it was no big deal for her...but hey, even she hates traffic and tailgaters!




See this monument? Damn we saw it constantly as we drove around looking for a parking space. Finally found one and asked my niece and daughter to stop and let me snap a photo -- now we can move on...thank goodness






Oh hell, you didn't actually think I would not take a photo of the White House, now did you? Get real - this is like a "must" shot or you haven't done your job....whatever, eh?




Once we did the DC tour and walked ourselves silly, we headed to Georgetown and within a few minutes, we found a place to eat, had cold drinks in front of us and we got to people watch for a while -- always a lovely treat. Then it was on to shopping. Three of the gals headed for Sephora -- make-up divas, while I stood outside and watched people get tickets for leaving cars parked longer than is tolerated. Hey, they are damn serious about the meters and parking areas -- damn serious.


Finally, we had had our fill and with sore feet, stuff heads and slight coughs we headed back to Maryland where my niece prepared us a lovely dinner and we, being good guests, emptied her booze supply (wine and beer). Hey, why else would anyone fill the liquor cabinet if they did not want us to empty it, eh?

Here's the bottom line, folks, I am done with traveling for a few weeks, need to rest my weary body and save up my pennies for the next adventure. I'm done with my cold but seemed to have passed it on to my daughter, which is not nice -- sheets to be her, eh?

To Meg, thanks a bunch, love ya Sweetie. And Sis, you know I love ya, right? And to my daughter, sorry you caught my cold, damn, I miss out on Mother of the Year again this year -- holy cow pie!


You all keep smiling and reading this blog...okay?

No comments: