Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wii Fit


It has taken me many months to finally find and buy the Wii Fit program and then, it was a few weeks before I finally set it up and used it…I mean, why rush this stuff, right?

Wii Fit features four main categories to choose from: Strength training, Aerobics, Yoga, and Balance Games. Trust me I needed no help deciding which level to begin – BEGINNER!
Plus I was very willing to watch the “demo” before I even attempted to do any of these exercises. I was amazed to learn I needed to work on my balance…hey, I haven’t fallen down or walk crooked but still, my balance could use some work – huh! [ya, without a beer in my hand, my balance would be perfect]
As you do your daily training, you’ll earn more Fit Credits and add them to the Fit Bank. As they add up, more activities will be opened up for you. I was doing the ski program – which wasn’t too bad, again its balance and movement and I actually made it down the hill and thru the gates (ya I missed some too). Then I tried my luck with the ski jump – holy sheet – three times I extended my legs to early and fell. The fourth time extended my legs to late and fell…so, that ended that game for today – try again tomorrow.

Bottom line these are very humbling programs and with any exercise program, slow down and don’t get discouraged. None of us like to be told we are obese, we need to work on our balance, strength, etc but even worse, the screen that pops up with the fit age – now that sucker can really blow your mind. Don’t mind it when it reads way below my real age but ABOVE – shits the bed!!!

So another program to challenge me and yes, I will keep working at it and no I will not share any of the good stuff with you – why make you sick!
Yes, it is raining and that means one needs to find other things to do, for me its clean inside the house, not a favorite past time but one that needs some effort and attention. Whatever you do today, smile, okay?

No comments: