Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why Tired?

Okay, the sun came out and we all went nuts, including me. Got up earlier yesterday but that is normal (us farm kids tend to rise early, don’t ask me why.)

Here’s a run down on what I did – see if you can figure out why I felt exhausted by 7:30 last night:

  • Put a load of towels on the washer around 6:30 a.m.
  • Went for a 2 mile walk by 7:30 a.m.
  • Did 45 minute workout with Wii Fit program -- fitness age today was 51 -- WTF (yesterday it was 41 -- damn, aging right before me eyes!)
  • Got my new plates put on my car at the garage
  • Went to Agway and bought top soil and flowering plants (six per bundle or some such shit).
  • Went to visit my brother and sister-in-law and got to see my nephew, Matthew whom I had not seen in years. He's now an assistant chef on some cruise ship out of Hawaii.
  • Stopped at Webster's and got me a London broil (for tonight), chicken breast and thighs and heads of lettuce and something else I can't remember at the moment.
  • Came home and washed my car -- holy sheet -- actually it was more like a rinse off -- but that's fine, a wash is a wash.
  • Filled the planters with top soil and added the new flowers, the put them along the walk way -- need more flowers but screw it, for now this is all I got.
  • Fired up the riding lawn mower and mowed the front yard.
  • Came inside and had lunch.[Highlight of the day]
  • Refilled the bird feeders and jerry rigged a bird bath -- screw'em, if they don't like this, find their own damn water supply.
  • This afternoon, fired up the push mower and trimmed areas hard to get with a riding mower and considered doing the back yard but decided I should save something for tomorrow...the trim work was hard enough -- pushing that damn mower around --sweet Agnes.
  • Fired up the grill and grilled my London Broil -- oh man, was that sucker good -- got enough left over for two meals -- it was a honker piece of meat.
  • Folded and took care of the towels I washed earlier in the day.


See, it makes no sense, right? I did manage to stay up and watch American Idol – I gotta tell ya, I really like Danny but I also like Adam – hell, I like all three – this is gonna be a tough one. And Simon confused me too...he was pretty sure Adam was his choice but after the performances last night, he's not leaning a bit more toward Danny, I think. Hell, even Kris blew us away last night -- what was funny was the damn judges -- they acted like five year olds.


Today I hope to get the back yard mowed – hey, that’s just riding lawn mower work, shouldn’t cause any major back aches. Well, the back yard isn’t exactly smooth but hey, a little bouncing around ain’t bad either. I did all the damn trim work yesterday. Plus, at noon I shall meet with a former colleague for lunch and we’ll swap lies and catch up on all the gossip and what have you. Its fun to have these lunches and hard to schedule a day and time that is good for both parties.

Hey, you all have a good day, okay? What the hell, get outside and soak up that Vitamin D aka sunshine and keep smiling!!!

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Say "Hi" to MB for me! :0)

Pat said...

Did that Moonbeam, you missed a great lunch!

Came home and mowed the back yard, now that shits the bed -- time to rest. ye gads