Saturday, May 16, 2009

THERE’S NUTS AND THERE’S NUTS!

Are you ready for this? A 66 year old divorced woman, in England is pregnant. She’ll be 67 in July but that is neither here nor there, she is pregnant with her first child. Seems Britain wouldn’t buy into the IVF treatment so she went to the Ukraine and after a few treatments – tada—she is preggers!

Now her friends say she is a strong, healthy woman, owes her own business and can certainly afford to take care of this child as well as herself. In fact, she looks like she is 56 and hasn’t hide this pregnancy at all – she has embraced it and now, well, I guess she really looks pregnant and not just someone who added on a few pounds.

I gotta say or ask this – who in hell wants to start a family at 66 years of age? I mean, yes, many women want children and try for years and some adopt and some, well, they just never have them, but to have this treatment and become pregnant at this age – now in my book this is nuts! Do the math people: when this kid is six and starts school, how old will Mommy be?

On a more pleasant note, I shall be heading to Minnesota next week to witness my granddaughter's graduation from Kindergarten. Now this is truly worthwhile and shall be loads of fun. I will also get to see both grandkids compete or participate in the Track and Field Days which again is remarkable and fun to watch. Best of all, is time with my daughter-in-law, son and grandkids -- now that is gonna make me one happy Mama!


Plus it seems my youngest grandson is starting to ask many questions about my daughter’s baby and his cousin. Like “how does she get that baby out of her tummy?” “How long does it have to stay in there?” “Why doesn’t Uncle Dan just take it out now?” So, along with witnessing this wonderful graduation, I am sure I shall be on tap for the question and answer session too. I’m gonna need lots of beer!!

Have no idea what the freakin weather is gonna do today. It has that overcast gloom-look, which suggests rain. And we got various college graduations this weekend – hey, why should they have nice weather, eh? Plus many high schools are doing Prom tonight too. Yup, gonna be a busy weekend for many folks – how delightful.

Well, later (maybe) – I think hubby needs to get his arse out of bed and take me to breakfast. Keep smiling
!

1 comment:

Jessica C said...

Wal-Mart must have hosted the Prom. What's the world come to when a highschooler can think of nowhere better to be than the local Wal-Mart on prom night?