Thursday, May 14, 2009

TV SHOWS

Before I get to my rant (views) on TV shows, let me say that Spring cleaning is stupid and useless. I mean, with all this friggin rain, all we can do is clean and that gets bloody damn old fast!!!


Therefore, no more cleaning, screw it, read a book, watch TV or nap, anything but clean -- damn, I feel better just saying that, how about you?



Okay I admit it, I like TV and usually I can find some show to watch, even repeats are sometimes fun to watch again and again. However lately TV has just flat out sucked! I keep seeing all these commercials for new shows and some really look promising and then they are yanked. Hells bells we didn’t even get to say they were bad and someone else has decided we won't like these suckers, end of show! How rude is that?


Now some shows are just plain dumb and I mean dumb. I can’t even laugh at “Everyone Loves Raymond” anymore because he annoys the hell outta me. What a whiny ass and Mama’s boy – ye gads. Only Deborah would tolerate this fool. Yes, I know, this is what makes this show entertaining – ya, rates right up there with watching ole people trip or fall, ya that’s funny too. Hell, King of Queens at least allow Doug to show some intelligence and his wife to be shown as anything but perfect all the freakin time. Not Raymond, it’s the same crap each show – he whines, does next to doing, wants sex constantly and yaks to his Mommy about everything – yuck!

One show that I enjoy is American Idol. I particularly enjoy the “weeding out and selecting” of contestants. Sometimes I am rolling on the floor as I watch some hopeful try to sing and impress the judges and wondering “have they ever listened to their own voice?” Now last night someone had to be voted off and next week, it’s the final show. I was a bit surprised to see Danny go but happy that the battle shall be between Adam and Kris. Make no mistake here, folks, the last three guys were all amazing and each had their own style and vocal range.

Many are sure the “rocker” groupies will cast enough votes to see Adam take the top prize but hey, let’s not rush things. There’s a special sweetness and gentleness to Kris that seems like Mom’s apple pie and at the same time, he’s got some great vocals and plays various instruments too boot, which is kinda cool in my book! Then again, Adam is Adam and that man can sing the friggin phone book and hey, he ain’t bad on the eyes either.

And of course, we seem to get wrapped up in sexuality. Is Adam gay? Is Kris straight? Who in hell cares – they can sing, this is a singing contest, right?

Well, did my morning walk – and now waiting for the rain to hit and it seems to be holding off but it’s gonna come down, mark my words. Soon I shall fire up the Wii Fit program and do that workout too. [did the Wii Fit program, fitness age today was 32 -- holy sheet!]

Now, I shall find other chores or maybe I’ll take a day off and just read a book!

You all have a good day, okay? Ya, keep smiling!!! Ya, if something interesting or humorous happens during the day, I shall be back and will share it with you--for now, we're above ground and happy, that is enuff!!!

No comments: