Monday, March 30, 2009

LEAVING DODGE

Well, not really Dodge, but getting away from St. Lawrence County for a few days. Or as brother so aptly puts it “gonna get my Syracuse fix.” Sometimes us country bumpkins just like to prove we can be citified and know which fork to use. And before you get silly, the city folk like to visit the country too – they like that fresh country air, especially during spread the manure season! Now that is some pungent air!!

I’m sure the temps are about the same but they are usually a tad warmer and baby, I am looking for warmer weather. I have had it with these cold-bone-penetrating temps – enuff all ready! Hey, I admit, I do like winter and snow activities but when the rains came and those flippin damp wind-chills, I was done --- once that cold gets into the bones, forget it – winter is no longer fun!

Off to the city and most likely see flowers in bloom, trees with green leaves and black squirrels running about. With any luck my sister and I might even get in another round of gadget shopping. I found something a few weeks ago and when I put it on the counter the clerk asked me what it was and I said, “I have no idea, it’s for my sister.” So I think I have started a guessing gadget phase? Of course she will win but it’ll be fun to find something that could stump her!!!





How about this sign. Seems a young man was kicked off the school bus for -- flatulent issues. Are you kidding me?




Lemme think here, one could and can shit their pants on a school bus, farting is a huge NO-NO! Well I guess there is a different smell involved here! What is that ole saying; "burp it and taste it, fart it and waste it?"
So enjoy the wet stuff and keep smiling, see ya in a few days...ya,I'll miss you too!!!

1 comment:

Moonbeam said...

Have a FUN time!! :0)