Monday, March 23, 2009

PLANNING


Man I hope this is not us when my sisters and I undertake our canoe trip in Florida -- this looks like idiots pushing thru a wet hay field?



There is or can be a tendency, in some people, to over plan! Now, I think one should have a plan or how else do you know when you have reached wherever you are going? However, I think over planning is a real pain in the ass and spoils the fun of just going with the flow! The flow meaning, no hurries, no clocks and just do things at a pace you want and can truly enjoy! In fact, some times, doing the unexpected, taking that less travel path is where you have the best memories and most fun. I am not a big fan of organized tours -- that flat out bores me to tears!



My sisters and I are planning to get together in Florida…now one sister lives there so we’ll stay with her, so that accommodation thing is solved. I also hope to see my Nam roommate again and continue swapping stories and catching up on 40 years later news. Plus all three of us sisters want to do certain things but low keyed – we don’t want this heavy activity crap – we rather enjoy just sitting in a yard, sipping cold drinks and soaking in the warmth!

Yet, we also wish to plop our bodies on the beach, splash in the Gulf and even snorkel if that is possible. It’s been a few years since I snorkeled and I loved it and want to do it again. I did learn, the hard way, to pop up every now and then and see where I was. Years ago I was in Greece, snorkeling and having a wonderful time, fully transfixed on the ocean scene, when I popped up and look around and saw nothing but ocean. I had travel so far I had no clue where in hell land was and yes, damnit I did panic – I had to make a decision and thankfully I chose the right direction. Since then I tend to pop up a bit more regularly so as not to get so far out and lost!

There is some talk of going on a gambling cruise – I don’t gamble but I can watch and none of us plan to plunk down hundreds of dollars, at the most we might blow $40! Ya, we are big spenders – we’re more into the fun of this cruise and the booze! And of course “they” wish to play golf – again, I don’t golf so this would be wonderful time for me to spend with my Nam roommate!

The one idea that just was mentioned was canoeing. Yes, the three of us get in a canoe, paddle down some river, lake, and stream and end up at the Gulf where a bus will haul us back to our car. Now, I like canoeing but again, it’s been a few years. However Florida-canoes-alligators? What’s wrong with this picture? Ya, stay in the canoe and do not stand up! Actually all three of us think this would be hoot and we are ready to give it our best shot. Damn, you can’t wait for me to go and come back and write about this, can you?


Ya don’t this sound like a wonderful adventure as we sit here with 20 degree temps and a minus 4 wind chill this morning! Yup, I hear ya; we are sick of this cold stuff and want the warmer weather NOW!! Look, you don’t have to “plan” a long distance get away, you can do day trips and they are fun and come on, folks, there is a lot to see and do right here in St Lawrence County.

Oh I just read, first with the economy more men are getting vasectomies and now more women are applying for jobs in strip clubs. I gotta tell ya, ole ladies should not apply! And while you men laugh and say, “Right on sister,” you might look in the mirror fella, you’re Adonis days are long over too!

Keep smiling, more later, if the mood strikes – hey, it’s Monday, what in hell did you expect – bells and whistles? This ain’t a train stop!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF you & your sisters go canoeing, you MUST get someone to take a pic of the three of you in the boat!! :0)

Pat said...

Moonbeam, oh honey, you can count on it, photos of all three will be taken, prized and used as black mail material for years LOL