Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Geese and Geese

If my beloved Father was still living he would be 96 years old today. Happy Birthday Dad, I love you and miss you!

I love this photo of Dad, taken at some camp and he was really having a good time. Most likely the sideway hat was driving my mother bonkers!!!



After I finished my Curves workout, I decided to drive around a bit and see if I couldn't capture a few cute shots. Yes, with a fully charged camera battery.
The scene today was geese and I mean, lots of geese. Field covered with them and serenading like there was no end in sight. I swear this has to be the mating season as some are really aggressive and huge show offs!

What I found funny was watching them land on icy patches and skid along -- it sure as hell look like great fun. And if this was done to impress the ladies,they were not overly impressed. Plus, seeing this as a fun landing, joined in on the act -- I needed a movie camera to capture all this nonsense!



This guy was definitely trying to tell me to get to hell outta there. He'd been courting this gal for days and she finally was coming around and then, I showed up and scared her. Damn he was pissed!


I was only trying to let him know that while he thought he had her attention, hey, dummy look, there's another guy in town...threes company, right?



I like this photo in particular the beer can that was nicely left on the post -- how rude, at least it could have been full, not empty!
Well, if I could learn how to post these photos and add captions without losing half of them, I would do just that.
Hey, its a nice day, get your lazy butts outside...
Here's a couple mood enhancers:
How Do Crazy People Go Through The Forest ?
They Take The Psycho Path.
How Do You Get Holy Water?
You Boil The Hell Out Of It.
What Do Fish Say When They Hit a Concrete Wall?
Dam!
What Do Eskimos Get From Sitting On The Ice too Long?
Polaroid's

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I'm sure he's looking down & smiling! :0)

So, just how close to those geese did you get?? Or, did you take your big camera? :0)

Pat said...

Actually Moonbeam these shots were taken with my trusty Nikon...I gotta remember to grab my big camera for such outings. But as they happen on the spur of the second, it just doesn't make sense to go home to get the bigger camera. Gotta go out and play with Moose...then, a nap!!!