Thursday, March 26, 2009

OFF DUTY TODAY!


Yes, I am still retired and I have been caring for the “grand dog.” What does this mean? Hang on, I’m gonna tell ya – you were afraid of that, right?

Some months ago it seemed he was having trouble catching things, like a ball, Frisbee, etc. So a trip to the Vet determined he was having some kind of muscle issue (hell, I don’t know all the lovely vet terms so give me a break). Anyway, he was put on these meds, which he will take for six months. One of the side affects of this pill is the dog has to pee more often. So, that means he needs to go outside and while both parents are working, Grandma volunteered to water the dog each day (until such time as Grandma is no longer in town, then the parents will be forced to use their lunch hour to pee the dog).

This no big deal, Moose is a good dog, minds well and hell, I’ve even been known to bring him to my house where we can play and he’s got company vs staying home alone. However this morning, he went for a walk with Dad and a certain skunk decided to let Moose know get close to me and you’ll pay the price. So, he is currently in the garage, smelling like skunk and Grandma ain’t going any where near him…off duty to day!

Hey, I walked a lovely 3.186 miles today – I would have gone further but the damn blister on my left foot just does not want to heal quickly and yes, I am wearing blister pads. I also think I have on the wrong socks. I bought some new socks and think they are too thin for me, so lucky Sis gets new socks! [she can wear them golfing]

I really like Spring, I like watching the ice melt and rivers rush with blocks of ice refusing to melt quickly, fields with water in them and ponds over flowing. I also like to see the first buds of spring on trees and flowers. Hell, my tulips are doing great which is very shocking but I ain’t gonna brag to much, the deer haven’t been that hungry yet! I’m hoping that soon different birds will show up too. I really am getting a tad weary of sparrows and starlings. And of course the damn squirrel – make that plural as it appears we now have two who like bird seeds! Ya, buy better feeders and the squirrel can’t get eat – ya, ya, live and learn!!!

How about some mood enhancers? Ya, it’s a dreary day, gonna rain at some point, so we need mood adjustments:

  • How Do You Catch a Unique Rabbit? Unique Up On It.
  • How Do You Catch a Tame Rabbit? Tame Way.
  • How Do Crazy People Go Through The Forest ? They Take The Psycho Path
  • What Do You Call a Boomerang That Doesn't work? A Stick
  • What Do You Call Cheese That Isn't Yours? Nacho Cheese.
  • What Do You Get From a Pampered Cow? Spoiled Milk.
  • What Do You Get When You Cross a Snowman With a Vampire? Frostbite.
  • What Lies At The Bottom Of The Ocean And Twitches? A Nervous Wreck.
  • What's The Difference Between Roast Beef And Pea Soup? Anyone Can Roast Beef.

Okay, that is enough for today –maybe I’ll write more later – have a good one and for crying out loud, keep smiling!!!

P.S.: The header photo -- I have no idea what's in that tree, looks like boogers to me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Moose!!! At least it didn't happen on YOUR watch! :0)

I have no idea what those bumps are on that tree! I have seen them before, on other trees though. Bugs? :0)